Herr-Voss Stamco will engineer and upgrade an existing screwdown by changing gear sets to increase or decrease gap speed at the mill bite. Calculations are performed to increase or decrease torque depending on the application. New gearing can also be supplied.
Load cells can also be added if desired.
Herr-Voss Stamco also provides all machining, and assembly of new or refurbished screws, nuts and gears.
Herr-Voss Stamco also provides electrical upgrades to state of the art gap measuring, speed sensing and safety protection. All outdated equipment is replaced with modern electrical equipment that will interface with current electrical drives.
- Machining of new screws and nuts (Acme and Buttress thread forms)
- Refurbishing of old screws and nuts
- Supply of new worm gears
- Supply of new primary gearing
- Inspection of all parts
- Supply new bearings
- Re-engineering of screwdown gearing for new applications
- Engineer and supply new electrical apparatus to replace older style measuring devices
- Supply engineering and machining for new load cells